Friday, January 28, 2011

Love Lament

A wail of pain and rage
I’m being torn apart.
Breath escapes my body
Beats deceive my heart.

I drain in desperation
I’ve lost the one above.
Left a lonely widow
I’ve sacrificed my love.

Anger once allured me
To greed I surrendered.
Lust beat my mind’s door
Ego-led I floundered.

My own fingers point inward
Toward my barren corpse.
My senses deteriorate
My mind promptly warps.

My love laments within me
I’ve lit my life aflame.
My soul writhes in torture
There’s no one else to blame.

Dazed in Antiquity

7 comments:

  1. This is excellent. My favorite so far <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What your're writing, all of it, is an exhibition of a tied soul- often egressing, lamenting and constantly in the fear of losing what it was destined for. It's like lovely in expression but I hope you realize that even expression is just another form of imprisoning it. This won't help, N Kaur but you can't help it either, it's alluring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gagan Preet Singh bhaaji, I do realize that expression is also imprisonment...but sometimes external expression can release everything from being trapped within the limited realms of a single body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm...bhenji...i like ur reply. gosh teach me how to think like that! :D
    (p.s. they seriously need "like" buttons on here!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can think better than I can any day!

    ReplyDelete